10 October, 2017
Tangy Goodness: Quick and Easy Oven-Baked Lemon Chicken
Packed with flavor and loaded with vitamin C: this lemon chicken is quick to prepare and tastes simply amazing. Plus, it’s a great source of protein. Whip up this delicious dish on the weekend for your family — they’re sure to love it 😉
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- 4 lemon slices
- Fresh rosemary
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
2. Heat the oil in an ovenproof pan and brown the chicken on both sides.
3. In the meantime, mix the chicken stock with the lemon juice, honey, pressed garlic, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
4. Pour the sauce over the browned chicken breasts. Garnish them with the lemon slices and rosemary.
5. Bake the lemon chicken in the oven for 20 minutes.
One serving has 170 calories, 5 g of carbohydrates, 23 g of protein and 6 g of fat.