5 October, 2017
Coming Up Soon: Annual Black & White Gala in Chestnut Hill (Oct. 14)
The annual Black & White Gala in Chestnut Hill, hosted by the Chestnut Hill Community Association (CHCA) and honorary co-chairs Kathryn Cacciamani and William R. Valerio, Ph.D., brings the community together for a black tie affair on Saturday, October 14.
The evening unfolds from 7–10 p.m. under an expansive tent along Germantown Avenue in front of the Chestnut Hill Hospital. Guests are invited to dance and sip the night away with live music courtesy of the Rich Posmontier Ensemble, local beer offerings, intriguing wine options and tasty hors d’oeuvres.
Innovative Catering Concepts will be handling the food, including the following light bites:
- Street-style mini beef tacos with shredded cheddar cheese and fresh pico de gallo
- Mini fried chicken and waffles with maple reduction
- Mini crab cakes with chipotle mayo
- Shrimp scampi skewers drizzled with lemon butter sauce
- Edamame dumplings glazed with a truffle soy sauce
- Baked buffalo cauliflower with blue cheese
- A pasta station, with tri-color tortellini with marinara and cavatelli with pesto basil alfredo
- An artisan cheese station featuring three artisan cheeses, cured sliced Italian meat, assorted mustard and jam, crackers and crusty breads
- Desserts, including a donut wall with various flavors of donuts and mini cannoli
Beer lovers will adore the fact that Chestnut Hill Brewing Company will be serving its delicious beers.
This special night out is a way to congratulate award-winning individuals and recognize them for work improving the community. These chosen individuals will be announced during the event.
Tickets for this exquisite night out in Chestnut Hill are available for $90 for CHCA members and $95 for non-members. Black tie is the preferred attire of the evening, so dress to impress!
Proceeds from the event will provide funds for a number of popular CHCA community events, including Pastorius Park concerts, the Holiday House Tour and more.
To donate in an additional way, guests are invited to bring art supplies to the event, which will go to the Jenks Academy of the Arts and Sciences school art program. Donors will receive a raffle ticket for doing so. The raffle prize will include a 2013 Cuvée Louise Pinot Noir (magnum) from Oregon’s Domaine Drouhin Winery and two beautiful Reidel wine glasses. Guests may also buy additional raffle tickets for $10.
Start putting your black tie ensemble together, purchase your tickets and get ready to dance the evening away in Chestnut Hill on October 14.
- Photo: Steve Feistel
The post Coming Up Soon: Annual Black & White Gala in Chestnut Hill (Oct. 14) appeared first on The Town Dish.