10 October, 2017
Coconut Cacao Tahini Snack Bites
It’s snack time!
The dense, little snack bites are inspired by Lee from America’s Coconut Fat Balls, which I tried recently and really enjoyed.
I have since been modifying the recipe and came up with an inspired version of my own, which incorporates almond flour for firmer texture, tahini for nuttiness, and protein powder for a bit more staying power. The result is amazing – the perfect snack or healthier dessert I’ve been craving recently.
Mmm, just look at all that nutritious goodness happening in 1 bowl!
Once blended into a thick nutter-butter-like “dough,” it’s time for scooping! These bites form easily into rounds and are fairly forgiving to work with. No need to roll into balls, just make loose cookie/bite shapes and you’re good to go.
Then just a quick chill in the fridge or freezer and it’s snack time!
I hope you all LOVE these bites! They’re:
& Super delicious
These would make the perfect snack or healthier dessert when you’re looking for something refined-sugar-free. Enjoy in the afternoon with some Golden Milk or a Matcha Latte or in the evening with a Turmeric Tonic.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Coconut Cacao Tahini Bites
Delicious, 9-ingredient snack bites with coconut, tahini, cacao, and plenty of satisfying add-ins! High in healthy fats and protein!
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Snack, Dessert
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- 1 1/2 cups (120 g) shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 cups (168 g) almond flour or meal (or sub seed meal, such as sunflower or hemp)
- 2 Tbsp (14 g) flaxseed meal
- 3 Tbsp (24 g) hemp seeds
- optional: 2 Tbsp (~10 g) vegan (plain, vanilla, or chocolate) protein powder*
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup (80-120 g) tahini
- 4-5 Tbsp (60-75 g) coconut butter
- 1/4 cup (20 g) cacao nibs
- Healthy pinch sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2-3 pitted dates (14-21 g // omit to reduce sugar, add more for sweeter balls*!)
- To a food processor, add all ingredients and blend until a thick paste/ball forms (see photo) ~5 minutes. Scrape down sides as needed.
- If mixture is too thick, add more coconut butter or tahini. If mixture is too thin, add more almond flour or shredded coconut. It should be thick and scoopable.
- Scoop out 2-Tbsp amounts (I like this cookie scoop) and arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet. You should have about 20 bites.
- Set in freezer or refrigerator to firm up. Once firm to the touch, they’re ready to enjoy. For best results, store in the freezer up to 1 month or refrigerator up to 1 week. If storing in the freezer, let thaw 5-10 minutes before enjoying for best texture.
*These bites aren’t overly sweet, so if you’re looking for a sweeter snack bites, add more dates (up to 6-8).
*Nutrition is a rough estimate for 1 of 20 bites calculated with protein powder, 1/3 cup tahini, 1/4 cup coconut butter, and 2 dates.
*Recipe adapted from the lovely Lee From America.
Serving size: 1 bite (of 20) Calories: 153 Fat: 11.8 g Saturated fat: 6.7 g Carbohydrates: 8.2 g Sugar: 2.5 g Sodium: 30 mg Fiber: 4.3 g Protein: 4 g